Friday, February 22, 2013

Astronaut Ahren

My son's school recently had a career awareness week wherein they asked the kids to share their dream job (and play dress up too!). Ahren wanted to be a samurai warrior, but I dissuaded him against it. He then wanted to be a President of the Philippines, again I advised him against being a politician (actually I thought, ang simple naman ng costume kung presidente...at most of all, ayoko making Pnoy ang vibe Nya noh!)

Finally, we had a consensus that he would be wearing an astronaut costume. It turned out to be a good decision because he was the only one who dressed up as an astronaut. Many of his classmates came as chefs, doctors, police officers.

The climax of his day was seeing the approving faces of the high school students. He happily recounted that the students were cheering him on as he waved the Philippine flag ( I got a small flag at national bookstore) and gave him high fives along the way (ang dami ding nagpaphoto op sa kanya). As for mommy, the most rewarding is my son's exuberant appreciation of my efforts (plus points na Lang na he was declared "The Best Dressed Little Professional").

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Protected by CopyrightSpot